I’m proud to announce that Cindy (yes, another Cindy) from Cindy’s travel diaries has nominated me for the Liebster Award. What is it? It’s a virtual award for newbies among bloggers. You could say it’s kind of a big deal for starters and a symbol of recognition. Well, it means you’re doing a good job.
Once you’re nominated, you should answer 5 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
1. Where are you from and what’s your favorite thing in your city?
I’m from a small country called Belgium. I live in one of the most beautiful cities: Ghent. My favorite thing about Ghent is the medieval architecture and the Castle of the Counts is the best example.
2. What would a perfect day look like for you?
A perfect day is a day at the beach. I love spending days at the beach, listening to the waves and enjoying a good sunset at the end.
3. What was the best place you’ve ever been to and why?
This is the worst question ever! I have a lot of favorites, each place brings back a lot of memories. I had the time of my life when I went to Tenerife. It was so relaxing and the average temperature on this island is just perfect. It’s summer all year long. One of those other places is Étretat, a small coastal town in Normandy. It’s just so picturesque and so beautiful. My favorite Italian place would be Florence because of the amazing Duomo. It’s a long list…
4. What’s your favorite quote?
I love travel quotes and the “catch flights, not feelings” turned into one of my favorites, haha! Another one would be “broken roads often lead to beautiful destinations”. Is that a quote or is that too long? It doesn’t matter, I like it anyway.
5. If you had to eat the same meal every day, what would it be?
Chocolate! Wait – is that even a meal? I guess not. Hmm… In that case I’d go for French fries (obviously – I’m Belgian, remember?!).
I’m new to all of this and I don’t know a lot of people in the world of travel bloggers. Although, I should say I’ve met some interesting people on social media and they became virtual friends. I want to support their work because I genuinely like their blog. Here’s my list of 10 nominees:
- Romain Gijsens blog
- Wanderlusting hippie
- The Global Wanderlust
- Take us anywhere
- Our Little Blue Rock
- Explore with Ed
- Sincerely Adri
- Rhiannon travels
Nominees, what’s next?
First off, you could accept the nomination or not. If you do, here’s a list of what to do next:
- Write a post that refers to this article
- Answer 5 questions
- Nominate 10 others
These are my 5 questions:
- What’s your favorite country in the world and why?
- What’s your idea of a perfect vacation?
- If you had the chance to study one language, which one would it be?
- What’s your favorite travel related movie and why?
- How many times did you get lost while traveling? What happened?